…or strengthening our portfolio.
We grew…this is what I can say for the last 6 months. We made some real progress and it is visible. We have 6 assets in our portfolio, 4 of them are investments and the others are saving funds.
The 4 investments are split in active management and passive management. For passive management we have the: the Mutual Funds that are administrated by the bank and P2P (because the platform has multiple auto-invest settings). We can consider FOREX as active, but mostly my account is connected to a investor that trades our money (for now). The only clear asset that is active is Crypto.
For each class of asset, we have the following deposits made during the last 6 months (and happily – no withdrawals):
- As a rule we are contributing a fixed amount in mutual funds (245 USD split during 6 months – in fact 5 months as I did a small mistake in counting the last post. The sum is calculated with the median value of USD for 2018)
- 335 USD goes to P2P (we can see them grow! and cash in some interest)
- A small 37 USD consolidation to Crypto (like that could help…)
Overlook on December 2018 Portfolio
Last 6 months turned to be profitable and we are happy with the growth of our portfolio (which, I, personally find it very healthy – this makes me happy – butterflies in my belly and so on). P2P category grew, Mutual Funds grew, Crypto decreased (not intentionally…). But the biggest surprise was FOREX. As a general aspect the Medium Risk investments form a much larger proportion now since June 2018.
- FOREX category, brought us a 25% gain, equal to 125.25 USD and most of them are from copy-trading so my involvement was to minimum. For more information follow the Forex category.
- Crypo, is still bleeding, and no chance to stop it now. Even with the small deposit of 37 USD we are down -49%, equal to a loss of 238 USD.
- Mutual funds, started to pick up. Some days ago a new law affected Romainias stock market (down to -14% in 3 days). The gain in the last months raises to 1%, equal to 0.25 USD.
- P2P category started to perform well and I received multiple late loans this months. We are up to a gain of 8% equal to 17 USD
Summarizing the gain and profit mate, that is a -5% on profit, but an increase of 37% of investment portfolio.
|Deposit||End Period||Gain||Gain %||Increase %|
Our economies took a hit….but a good one. Let’s call it a bullseye as we used part of them to close up our personal loan (yey!!).
|Asset||Dec 2017||Jun |
|Deposit||End Period||Gain %||Increase %|
What I did not do this year and it will be interesting to do next year, as our portfolio grow, is to have a dedicated table, in December, just for the Annual Growth. Also I will start posting the updates once at each 3 months. I think it will easier to follow the evolution and I can comment on the important movement.
In last post I was talking about reaching some milestones at the end of the year. Now that I think of it, I did not set any. At the beginning of the year, I was interested in diversification and we already achieved that by having more asset classes than before. The last 6 months were just consolidation of this pillars.
Following this observation, I will set (on paper – virtual paper that is, we try to be as Eco as we can) some financial goals for 2019. And we will try to get them down for the end year.
Thank you for reading this!
Disclaimer: I am not a financial consultant, all the information you find here are my decisions, I taken in that moment, on my own analysis. I am open to any type of discussion about money. If you want to replicate my portfolio take into consideration that it is your money.