Hello dear followers, it seems that I made a habit of not being around the blog lately (thanks to portfolio updates I can get back). Part of this absence is because I am involved in different projects, and I explained them a bit in another post, but I will not lie, part of my absence is also because I don’t find any good topic to write about, I did not do any new investment or I simply didn’t have enough time for proper research. For those of you who don’t follow my Twitter (@FIinRo), it would be nice to reach out. grow the community a bit.
For the current Portfolio Update, we will use 4.92 for EURRON conversion and 4.08 for USDRON.
Overlook on June 2021 Portfolio
So, on the positive side (for the portfolio), my wife is back on the payroll (after just 2 months – it went better than expected). We are not at the same salary level as before, but she will get there, and also with my pay raise ( yes, I got a raise), we are breaking even.
On the negative side, we had some more dental interventions (of around 700 USD), I invested in some work at home equipment ( long live the Credit Card) and some bits and bobs spend here and there. We also went on some holidays, for some fresh air. Overall our economic buffer took a hit and will get almost a total damage in the next period ( the weddings are back 😂).
In the last portfolio update, I threw a curveball regarding portfolio rebalancing. I plan to start doing it each 6 months ( so in quarter 3 this year and quarter 1 next year). I already began to write a 2-3 part article on how, why, and what. They should arrive soon. Let’s get down to the breakdown.
- FOREX category is going down as much as possible. I still plan to keep it and grow it, but will be a growth only from EAs. Sooner or later I will hit the mark. Until then we have a loss of 274.53USD and a loss of -29%. You can always check the shared portfolio from MyFxBook for a real situation.
- Crypto, after two more good months, it took a bigger correction (-25%), some of you are talking about a crash, but we will see. We invested almost all free crypto money/cash in doing CDA(cost dollar average) on ETH, BTC and BNB. We have a 372.74USD loss and a -22% decrease. I even bought some day-to-day corrections via Revolut and added some funds of 45USD.
- Mutual funds I finally reached the bank and decided to liquidate two of the mutual funds (after reading the emission prospect), as I was not that happy with them. I am awaiting now my approval of subscription, to redirect the money to other two funds, that I find more profitable. With a profit of 35USD and a 2% gain, is the end of an era.
- P2P category is steady as ever, So there is no surprise with 3% gain. The nice thing is that we had a 28USD gain.
- Stocks Internal Market is up with another 129.16USD and a 9% gain, thanks to the same bull run in the BVB market. Also, the dividends started to get into the account. I will wait for all of them to pay, to see how we did versus last year’s article.
- Stocks External Market, with multiple and monthly contributions we have an increase of 48% and a loss of -8.71USD (plus dividends). I missed an opportunity I invested before, then liquidated the asset, and is totally on me.
- ETF category was rebalanced and now we are sitting on a 52USD in profits and a 36% increase.
|Asset||Last Period||Deposit||End Period||Growth||Growth%||Increase%|
|Asset||December 2020||Deposit||End Period||Increase %|
I think this is the first time we have a shrink in the portfolio and I am more than sure we need a rebalancing. This is because of (still) high allocation in risky investments. I will present a graphic in the next portfolio update with the sums of the portfolio and the increase in %. I think it will be a nice addition to this article.
Now, it’s time to make this post super attractive for the SEO algorithms and if you enjoy our blog, do not hesitate to subscribe and share. And I will push the publish button
Thank you a lot everyone and see you next time!