Hello dear followers, it has been a long time (1 month) since we chatted. For those of you who don’t follow my twitter (@FIinRo), I have been uber busy in real life and with different projects. But as I think that soon some of these problems will resolve (but I will keep my secrets this time, not to jinx them) I hope to be more present here and until then, let’s take a look on the portfolio of FIinRo.
Last year we had the problem of keeping a rate of conversion between EURRON and USDRON, so my proposal for this year is just to incorporate the 3m medium conversion and just incorporate the change in the report. We see how it goes.
For the current Portfolio Update, we will use 4.88 for EURRON conversion and 4.05 for USDRON.
Overlook on March 2021 Portfolio
The dental interventions were over ( that was the biggest spending of the beginning of the year and last year), but as mentioned earlier, wifey is searching for a job (so we are one salary short). Until now we were protected against the “cold” but we will see the aftermath of these actions in the next portfolio update. For those who one to compare the evolution of our plans and portfolio, you can find the link here (and do not forget to subscribe to our nice newsletter).
One new addition that can be seen in the graphic is GOLD as an asset. Currently we have a very small proportion and for the moment, no intent to invest too much. As always the higher balance of the portfolio is in the Medium Risk category, so maybe for next months we should do a rebalance. But considering my wife is currently unemployed, I hope that we will be able to invest in the next quarter.
- FOREX category performed well in the first month of the year. Then February and March were as cold as last year. But in March I also made a radical decision to close all the transactions I was caring over, and now we are in an experiment phase (I will detail more in the post category). Overall we have a loss of 585.73USD and a loss of -46%. You can always check the shared portfolio from MyFxBook for a real situation.
- Crypto, once again shines as bright as the sun. We have a 448.15 USD gain and a 64% increase, things look great and I sold almost all of them. We are sitting on USD at the moment after a lot of transactions in February and March. Actually I am thinking of a method to better track the gains (so if you guys know one please hit me).
- Mutual funds grew again. With a total profit of 194.16USD and a 12% gain. I really, really hope there is no mistake in the numbers. I double checked the math and the account and it seems right. Either way, out of the 3 mutual funds I was investing in, I am down to one, that’s why the contribution dropped significantly. I still didn’t have time to reach the bank.
- P2P category is steady as ever, paying the usual amount of 3% gain. The number we see in the table it thinks is because of the EURRON then RONUSD conversion.
- Stocks Internal Market is up with 487.92USD and a 52% gain, thanks to a rebound in the BVB market and some good transactions.
- Stocks External Market, with multiple and monthly contributions we have an increase of 148% and a profit of 203.49USD (plus we get dividends).
- ETF category was rebalanced and now we are sitting on a 47USD in profits and a 141% increase.
|Asset||December 2020||Deposit||End Period||Increase %|
Even if our portfolio looks better and there were 3 good months of investment, I am not super enthuzaist of the FOREX cattegoy and hope we will see it soon in the green.
As a side note, I hope to organize myself better and even started using a task management tool, based on KANBAN. It is called Monday.com and I am super happy with the free platform.
Now, it’s time to make this article as super attractive for the SEO algorithms and if you really enjoy our blog, do not hesitate to subscribe and share.
Thank you a lot everyone and see you next time!
Disclaimer: I am not a financial consultant, all the information you find here are my decisions, I taken at that moment, on my own analysis. I am open to any type of discussion about money. If you want to replicate my portfolio take into consideration that it is your money.