Hey guys, I am sorry for my absence and I know this message is coming in so late (it’s already 23 Nov.) and this post should have been scheduled for the beginning of October. Too many things happened during this period and I wasn’t able to focus on writing but I’ll make all possible to reach the quota by the end of the year. I know that in the last portfolio update, I was having some difficulty finding time to write (well, it just got worse after that, haha). So, regarding this, we will have topics in: Portfolio, P2P, Forex and Stocks.
“A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart”Jonathan Swift
As different from before, many things happened to our portfolio during this time. First of all was the acquisition of some gold (bought on Revolut – and I know I will be judged for this). Unfortunately there is not a big sum, not big enough to mention here. My surprise comes from the FOREX account, where I managed to control the open floating negative balance from -700USD to -350USD (to be honest, the robot did most of it) and still keep the account around 1.3k invested. Another (ugly) surprise is the loss of around 750USD by the robot I was testing on a real FOREX account (but this will be another topic).
As stated previously, I will keep the USDRON conversion for the grid, but will use the reference of 4.39 and will then balance with the actual conversion at the year’s end.
Overlook on September 2020 Portfolio
I know I mentioned we are needing money for some other projects. Well both me and my wife needed to do some dental interventions, and the total for the sum (at the moment, as I didn’t finish yet) is about 2.750 USD. This sum was paid from the economy fund (and income), so that is the reason we will see a lower rate (negative one) there. Overall, the report didn’t change that much from month to month (or 3 months), but let’s look at the numbers.
- FOREX category…You know the saying “what happens in ..(insert location here), stays in ….(that location)?“. Well, what happens in FOREX stays in FOREX. I will make 1-2 articles describing the ups and downs from the recent period and how it affected my initial investment plan.
- Crypto, the third period performed also well, and by the looks of it, the final quarter will be awesome. With a 25.06 USD gain and a 6% increase, things look great.
- Mutual funds have gains, more than usual. So we have a profit of 19.71USD and that is a 2% gain. I know I said I have another plan for this category, but at the moment I didn’t have time to reconsider it and also my fund manager informed me about some changes, so maybe we will see better gains.
- P2P category is a star with 33.71 USD in profit and a 3% gain. I even decided to put more money in next month.
- Stocks Internal Market, is up for another 38.73USD, that is a 6% gain and with more plans for the future.
- Stocks External Market, there is just one stock in this category but with a total of 22% gain since the acquisition is looking great. There is no real gain this period but a 24% increase.
- ETF fluctuated a bit, with just 6USD gained and a 5% increase. Not entirely happy with this ETF ( I have just one) and will look to invest in more in the near future, but possibly starting next year January.
|Asset||June 2020||Deposit||End Period||Gain||Gain %||Increase %|
|Asset||June 2020||Deposit||End Period||Increase %|
The whole pandemic situation didn’t affect the overall portfolio, except the losses from FOREX (but there is my personal fault also), so I am happy how this turned out.
Also, I have some more expenses scheduled for the next period, both dental interventions and some car related ones. I will expect an expense of around 500-600USD here.
Another ‘asset’ , if it can be considered an asset, I started to use more in this period is a fixed-rate card (and most people use it for Velocity Banking) . Actually I found some benefits to it and of course will let you know soon.
Thank you for reading this!
Disclaimer: I am not a financial consultant, all the information you find here are my decisions, I taken at that moment, on my own analysis. I am open to any type of discussion about money. If you want to replicate my portfolio take into consideration that it is your money.